Italian Polenta Cookies. These are lemony and crunchy.
The size isn't hard and fast, but if you make the logs bigger your yield will be different.
|1/2 Cup Soft Butter||1 Cup Sugar|
|2 Eggs||1 Tsp Vanilla|
|2 Tsp Grated Rind of Lemon||2 Tbls Lemmon Juice|
|2 1/2 Cups Flour||1/2 Cup Polenta|
|1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder||1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans|
Serves: About 3 doz. Biscotti Chef: Roger W. Bodo
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time.
3. Stir in vanilla, peel and juice and set aside.
4. Mix flour, polenta, baking powder and salt thoroughly.
5. Mix flour and egg mixtures and nuts.
6. Shape into two logs about 2" by 14" and put on greased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or so till golden on edges.
8. Cool 10-15 minutes.
9. Cut into 3/4" slices.
10. Put back onto baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes till golden on the bottom.
11. Turn over and bake another 20 minutes or so till golden all over.